Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blogging absence







Several people have noted my prolonged absence from the blogosphere - the tens of readers of this blog have been *clamoring* for information. However, in my defense, let me say this: I started this thing so I would do what we tell students to do: write every day. I have been writing every day - the OMB, but not the blog. And by the time I finish the OMB, the last thing I want to do is write some more.

Still, here I am. Some highlights of the last, oh, six months:
*much work on the OMB. Many, many drafts of all chapters. Many comments on drafts from many people. Much, much help. Thank goodness.

*holiday trip to Silver City, NM for a whole week! We spent time with my family, which was really fun and relaxing.

*trip to MEXICO over winter break. INCREDIBLE! I've never done anything like it! There was the heat, the sun, the warm ocean, the incredible snorkeling... phenomenal. I will post photos below. And I will write more often.

Now, cranking through the final push on the OMB. Getting ready for CCCC, which I have much to do for. (Nice sentence!) Getting ready to teach in May. Life is revving back up, which is okay with me. This sabbatical has been great, and I feel pretty restored... as it should be.

Now, see photos above. Ocean-y ones were taken from the balcony of our lovely condo. Flying pelicans - way cool. Iguanas abound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home