Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back from The Beav



Is it any wonder why we love Beaver Island? (sorry for the weird formatting, btw - if it is weird.) The photo with lots of blue water is from Donegal Bay, which is on the other side of the island from where we stay - a whole 3 miles away. The sunset photo is from the beach in front of our 4-plex, which we reach by crossing the lawn and going through the little gate in the last photo here... it's probably about 60 yards. I like the sunsets on "our" side (the east side) better than those on the Donegal side, even though that's where the sun goes down, because the light is much more interesting and dramatic. Ahhhh... Beaver.

This year, apart from a few medical issues with one of the kids (all fine, ultimately), was excellent as always. The excitement of the year was the new island map, which included (for the first time) trails through the woods. Our friend Maria and I did a great trail ride; I did one on my own, as well. As I was tearing through the woods on Nora's bike I thought, "this is why people like to bike!" Way fun.

And now, I'm back at it. Planning ENGL 596, which starts in a week - I'm teaching the two weeks chunk, but that's it for the year. If anyone knows how to easily post photos in a WordPress blog, e-mail me! Also if you know how to get photos in flickr on to the blog in flickr. Krause is in Europe, the weasel, so I'm figuring some of this out myself (though Benninghoff has been a HUGE help and I don't want to burden him too much!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Judging from the beach photo you must be a neighbor of mine. I agree the East side sunset glows are the best.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home